ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 78



                                               

War Memorial, Lancaster Cemetery

The War Memorial, Lancaster Cemetery, was built to commemorate those lost in the Crimean War. It was erected in 1860, and designed by the local architect E. G. Paley. Its estimated cost was £120–140, but Paley made no charge for it. The monument ...

                                               

Wennington Hall

Wennington Hall is a former country house in Wennington, a village in the City of Lancaster district in Lancashire, England. The house is a Grade II listed building and is now occupied by Wennington Hall School.

                                               

Wyresdale Park

Wyresdale Park is an English country house and licensed wedding ceremony venue located within the Forest of Bowland to the northeast of Scorton, Lancashire, England.

                                               

St Silas Church, Blackburn

St Silas Church is in Preston New Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Blackburn with Darwen, the archdeaconry of Blackburn, and the diocese of Blackburn. The church is recorded in the Nat ...

                                               

St Margarets Church, Burnage

St Margarets Church is in Burnage Lane, Burnage, a neighbourhood of Manchester, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Heaton, the archdeaconry of Manchester, and the diocese of Manchester. It is recorded in the Nationa ...

                                               

St John the Evangelists Church, Clifton

St John the Evangelists Church, also known as Lund Parish Church, is located on an isolated site near the village of Clifton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Kirkham, the archdeaconry of Lancaster, an ...

                                               

St Marys Church, Dalton-in-Furness

St Marys Church is in the town of Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Furness, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice has been combined with ...

                                               

Devonshire Buildings

The Devonshire Buildings are two adjacent apartment buildings in the Barrow Island area of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England. They are both recorded in the National Heritage List for England as designated Grade II* listed buildings. Constructed ...

                                               

St Thomas Church, Garstang

St Thomas Church is a Church of England church in Garstang, a market town in Lancashire, England. It is an active Church of England parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn and the archdeaconry of Lancaster. The church was built in 1770 as a cha ...

                                               

St Marys Church, Goosnargh

The Church of St Mary the Virgin is an Anglican church in Goosnargh, a village north of Preston in Lancashire, England. The church dates from the Middle Ages; it was enlarged in the 16th century and restored twice in the 19th century. St Marys is ...

                                               

St Bartholomews Church, Great Harwood

St Bartholomews Church is in the town of Great Harwood in Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed b ...

                                               

St Michaels Church, Grimsargh

St Michaels Church is in the village of Grimsargh, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Grimsargh, the archdeaconry of Preston, and the diocese of Blackburn. The church is recorded in the National Heritage ...

                                               

St Cuthberts Church, Halsall

St Cuthberts Church is an Anglican church in Halsall, a village in Lancashire, England. It is an active parish church in the Diocese of Liverpool and the archdeaconry of Warrington. The oldest parts of the church date from the 14th century and th ...

                                               

St Wilfrids Church, Halton-on-Lune

St Wilfrids Church is an Anglican church in Halton-on-Lune, a village in the English county of Lancashire. It is an active parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn and the archdeaconry of Lancaster. Halton may have been the site of an ancient An ...

                                               

New St Leonards Church, Langho

New St Leonards Church is in Whalley New Road, between the villages of Langho and Billington in Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Whalley, the archdeaconry of Blackburn, and the diocese of Blackburn.

                                               

Holy Trinity Church, Little Ouseburn

Holy Trinity Church stands to the northeast of the village of Little Ouseburn, North Yorkshire, England. It is an Anglican parish church in the deanery of Ripon, the archdeaconry of Richmond, and the Diocese of Leeds. Its benefice is united with ...

                                               

St Cuthberts Church, Lytham

St Cuthberts is an Anglican church in Lytham, Lancashire, England. It was built 1834–1835, replacing a previous church on the same site. It is an active parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn. Since 1971 it has been designated a Grade II* list ...

                                               

National Westminster Bank, Barrow-in-Furness

The National Westminster Bank building in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England is located at the intersection of Abbey Road and Duke Street. It was designed by Paley and Austin architects and built between 1873-74 and has been designated a Grade I ...

                                               

Church of St Peter and St Paul, Ormskirk

The Church of St Peter and St Paul is in the market town of Ormskirk, Lancashire, England. Dating from no later than the 12th century, it is one of only three churches in England to have both a tower and spire, and the only one to have them both ...

                                               

St Chads Church, Poulton-le-Fylde

St Chads Church is an Anglican church in Poulton-le-Fylde, a town on the Fylde coastal plain in Lancashire, England. It is an active parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn and the archdeaconry of Lancaster. It is recorded in the National Herit ...

                                               

St Andrews Church, Leyland

St Andrews Church is an Anglican church in Leyland, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn and the archdeaconry of Blackburn. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a d ...

                                               

St John the Baptists Church, Atherton

St John the Baptists Church is in Market Place, Atherton, Greater Manchester, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the Leigh deanery in the archdeaconry of Salford, and diocese of Manchester. Together with St Georges and St Philips ...

                                               

St John the Evangelists Church, Farnworth

St John the Evangelists Church is in Church Street, Farnworth, Greater Manchester, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Bolton, the archdeaconry of Bolton, and the diocese of Manchester. Its benefice is united with th ...

                                               

St Peters Church, Scorton

St Peters Church is in the village of Scorton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Garstang, the archdeaconry of Lancaster and the diocese of Blackburn. Its benefice is united with those of All Saints, Ba ...

                                               

Christ Church, Thornton

Christ Church is in Meadows Avenue, Thornton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Poulton, the archdeaconry of Lancaster, and the diocese of Blackburn.

                                               

St Johns Church, Waberthwaite

St Johns Church is situated on the south bank of the River Esk in the hamlet of Hall Waberthwaite in the former civil parish of Waberthwaite, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Calder, the archdeaconry of W ...

                                               

Winmarleigh Hall

Winmarleigh Hall is a former country house located to the south of the village of Winmarleigh, Lancashire, England, used later as an adventure centre.

                                               

St Bartholomews Church, Barbon

St Bartholomews Church is in the village of Barbon, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Kendal, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of ...

                                               

St Marys Church, Borwick

St Marys Church is located to the north of the village of Borwick, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Tunstall, the archdeaconry of Lancaster, and the diocese of Blackburn. Its benefice is united with th ...

                                               

St John the Evangelists Church, Crawshawbooth

St John the Evangelists Church is in the village of Crawshawbooth, near Rawtenstall, Lancashire, England. It is a redundant Anglican parish church formerly in the deanery of Rossendale, the archdeaconry of Bolton, and the diocese of Manchester. I ...

                                               

St Peters Church, Field Broughton

St Peters Church is in the village of Field Broughton, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Windermere, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with th ...

                                               

All Saints Church, Hertford

All Saints Church is in Queens Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Hertford and Ware, the archdeaconry of Hertford, and the diocese of St Albans. It is the civic church of the town and ...

                                               

St Marys Church, Lower Ince

St Marys Church is in Warrington Road, Lower Ince, Ince-in-Makerfield, Wigan, Greater Manchester, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Wigan, the archdeaconry of Warrington, and the diocese of Liverpool.

                                               

St Johns Church, Rawtenstall

St Johns Church is a redundant Anglican church in Newchurch Road, Cloughfold, Rawtenstall, Lancashire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

                                               

St Johns Church, St Johns in the Vale

St Johns Church is in the valley of St Johns in the Vale, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Derwent, the archdeaconry of West Cumberland, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of S ...

                                               

Church of the Good Shepherd, Tatham

The Church of the Good Shepherd is on Tatham Fell in Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Tunstall, the archdeaconry of Lancaster and the diocese of Blackburn. Its benefice is united with those of St Wilfr ...

                                               

Christ Church, Wesham

Christ Church is an Anglican church in Wesham, a small town in the English county of Lancashire. It is an active parish church in the Diocese of Blackburn and the archdeaconry of Lancaster. It was built 1893–94 by Paley, Austin and Paley, and is ...

                                               

Great Victorian Way

The Great Victorian Way was an unbuilt infrastructure project, plans for which were presented to the Parliamentary Select Committee on Metropolitan Communications by its designer Joseph Paxton in June 1855. It would have consisted of a ten-mile c ...

                                               

London Road Cemetery

Not to be confused with the London Road Cemetery in Brentwood London Road Cemetery is a 17-hectare 42-acre cemetery in Coventry, England, designed by Joseph Paxton and opened in 1847. It lies south-east of the city centre and is bisected by the W ...

                                               

St Peters, London Docks

St Peters, Wapping, is a Grade I listed Anglican church in Wapping Lane, Wapping, London, E1W 2RW. It was built in 1865–1939, designed by F. H. Pownall. The church was the first Anglican mission to the poor of London. Work was begun in 1856 by th ...

                                               

St Andrews Church, Roker

St Andrews, Roker is an Anglican parish church in Sunderland, England. It is recognised as one of the finest churches of the first half of the twentieth century and the masterpiece of Edward Schroeder Prior. The design of St Andrews drew together ...

                                               

Humboldt mules ears

Wyethia longicaulis is a species of flowering plant in the aster family known by the common name Humboldt mules ears. It is endemic to California, where it occurs in the North Coast Ranges and the Klamath Mountains. It grows in mountain and footh ...

                                               

St Marys Chapel, Arley

St Marys Chapel is the private chapel to Arley Hall, near the village of Arley, Cheshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. The chapel is situated to the northeast of the ...

                                               

St Pauls Church, Whitley Bay

St Pauls Church is the parish church of Whitley Bay, North Tyneside, United Kingdom.The church was founded in 1864. The churchs official title is St Pauls Church, Cullercoats but it is located near the centre of the town rather than the suburb of ...

                                               

St Peters Church, Elford

St Peters Church, Elford is a parish church in the village of Elford, Staffordshire in the United Kingdom. The church is situated on the eastern edge of the village on the north bank of the River Tame. The church is a Grade II* Listed Building. A ...

                                               

Midland Bridge

The Midland Bridge is a road bridge over the River Avon in Bath, Somerset, England. It was originally built in 1870 by the Midland Railway Company to allow access to and from their goods station at Sydenham Field on the south bank of the river Av ...

                                               

Surrey House

Surrey House, in Norwich, England, is the historic home of the insurance company Aviva and a Grade I listed building. It is an example of Edwardian architecture designed by George Skipper and built between 1900 and 1912. Skipper was commissioned ...

                                               

Royal Mint Court

Royal Mint Court is a property on Little Tower Hill in Tower Hill and is in Londons East End, close to the City of London financial district. The site was the home of the Royal Mint from 1809 until 1967 and was earlier the site of a Cistercian ab ...

                                               

Burnham Westgate Hall

52.945788°N 0.722072°E  / 52.945788; 0.722072 Burnham Westgate Hall is a Georgian country house near Burnham Market, Norfolk, about 2 mi 3.2 km south of the north Norfolk coast. It was remodelled in Palladian style in the 1780s by John Soane: it ...

                                               

Hyde Close drill hall, Winchester

The building was designed by Sir John Soane and completed in 1795. After a period as a school operating under the leadership of the Reverend Charles Richards, and then as a local headquarters for the Salvation Army, it became the headquarters of ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →