ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 71



                                               

Glenview Historic District (Memphis, Tennessee)

Glenview Historic District is a neighborhood in Memphis, Tennessee that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a historic district in 1999. The neighborhood is between South Memphis and Midtown and bounded by the Illinois Centr ...

                                               

Madison Street Historic District (Clarksville, Tennessee)

Madison Street Historic District in Clarksville, Tennessee is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. The district includes work by Clarence Colley, a prominent Nashville architect active in the ea ...

                                               

Normal Station, Memphis

Normal Station is a neighborhood in East Memphis, Tennessee, anchored by the University of Memphis, formerly Memphis State University, and originally called West Tennessee State Normal School. It is bordered by the University of Memphis to the no ...

                                               

Russell House (Springfield, Tennessee)

Russell House is a historic mansion in Springfield, Tennessee, USA. It was designed in the Colonial Revival architectural style. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 22, 2011.

                                               

Speedway Terrace Historic District

The Speedway Terrace Historic District, in Memphis, Tennessee, is a residential historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. It included 380 contributing buildings on 110 acres. It includes a concentrati ...

                                               

Spring Creek Presbyterian Church

Spring Creek Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church in Doaks Crossroads, Tennessee. The building features Greek Revival, Colonial Revival architecture and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.

                                               

Stone Hall, Nashville

Stone Hall is a historic mansion in Nashville, Tennessee, US. It was designed by George D. Waller in the Colonial Revival architectural style. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since November 17, 2010. The Stone Hall ...

                                               

Bills-McNeal Historic District

The Bills-McNeal Historic District is a 30 acres historic district in Bolivar, Tennessee which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It then included nine contributing buildings and one contributing site, on portions of ...

                                               

Boyd–Harvey House

The Boyd–Harvey House is an historic home located at 1321 Harvey Road in west Knox County, Tennessee. It was designed in the Federal style and constructed by Thomas Boyd, Jr., and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The origina ...

                                               

Jonesborough Historic District

The Jonesborough Historic District is a historic district in Jonesborough, Tennessee, that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as Jonesboro Historic District in 1969. Staff of the Tennessee Historical Commission surveyed 158 bu ...

                                               

Samuel McCammon House

The Samuel McCammon House, also known as James Whites House Site, is a historic house at 1715 Riverside Drive in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. The two-story brick house was built circa 184 ...

                                               

Richard C. Napier House

The Richard C. Napier House is a historic two-storey house in Charlotte, Tennessee, U.S. It was built circa 1800 for Colonel Richard Napier, Sr. It was designed in the Federal architectural style. In 1823, it was inherited by his son, Richard C. ...

                                               

Adams Avenue Historic District

The Adams Avenue Historic District in Memphis, Tennessee is a 9 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It contained six contributing buildings: North Memphis Savings Bank 1901, at 110 Adams A ...

                                               

Western State Hospital Historic District

The Western State Hospital Historic District is a 37 acres historic district in Bolivar, Tennessee which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. It then included seven contributing buildings and four non-contributing ones. ...

                                               

Beaver Dam Plantation

For the Beaver Dam Plantation in North Carolina, see Beaver Dam Plantation House. The Beaver Dam Plantation, also known as the William Cannon Houston House, is a historic mansion on a Southern plantation in Woodbury, Tennessee, USA.

                                               

Bolivar Court Square Historic District

The Bolivar Court Square Historic District in Bolivar, Tennessee is a 14 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It then included 28 contributing buildings and a contributing object. It also i ...

                                               

Roane County Courthouse (Tennessee)

The old Roane County Courthouse building in Kingston, Tennessee, the county seat of Roane County. Built in the 1850s, it is one of six remaining antebellum county courthouses in the state of Tennessee. The old courthouse was the countys second co ...

                                               

Dr. Benjamin Franklin Smith House

The house was built in the early 1850s for William M. Hackney, a horse saddler. It was purchased by Dr. Benjamin Frankly Smith in 1855. By 1860, he owned eight slaves. During the American Civil War of 1861–1865, his son William T. Smith served in ...

                                               

Trenton Historic District (Trenton, Tennessee)

The Trenton Historic District in Trenton, Tennessee is a 52 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The listing included 96 contributing buildings. According to its National Register nominatio ...

                                               

Greek Revival houses in Tennessee

                                               

Colonel McNeal House

Colonel McNeal House, also referred to as McNeal Place or the Ezekiel Polk McNeal House, is an Italianate mansion in Bolivar, Tennessee, part of Hardeman County, Tennessee. The home was built for Major Ezekiel Polk McNeals and his wife after thei ...

                                               

Fite-Williams-Ligon House

It is located at 212 Fite Avenue West in Carthage, a small town in Smith County, Tennessee. It sits on a bluff half a mile away from the Cumberland River.

                                               

Bemis Historic District

Bemis Historic District, in Bemis, Tennessee and Jackson, Tennessee, is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. It includes Bungalow/Craftsman, Mission/Spanish Revival, Dutch Colonial Revival and o ...

                                               

Airdrie (Nashville, Tennessee)

Airdrie, a.k.a. Petway House or the Buell-King House, is a historic house and former plantation in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Built as a log house from 1797 to 1808, it was a Southern plantation with African slaves in the Antebellum era. After th ...

                                               

Elmwood (Murfreesboro, Tennessee)

Elmwood is a historic mansion on a former plantation located in Rutherford County near Murfreesboro, Tennessee, U.S. It was built in the 1840s for Thomas Hord, a lawyer who owned slaves. It was designed in the Classical Revival architectural styl ...

                                               

Hurricane Mills Rural Historic District

The Hurricane Mills Rural Historic District, in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee is a 300 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. The listing included five contributing buildings, four contributing ...

                                               

James Monroe Avent House

The James Monroe Avent House in Hickory Valley, Tennessee was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. It is a two-and-a-half-story wood frame Queen Anne-style house on a brick foundation. It was deemed significant as a Queen A ...

                                               

Colonel A. M. Shook House

The Colonel A. M. Shook House is a historic residence in Tracy City, Tennessee, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 1, 1987.

                                               

Daniel House (Knoxville, Tennessee)

The Daniel House is a historic home located at 2701 Woodson Drive in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was designed in 1948–1949 by James W. Fitzgibbon, and constructed by George W. Qualls. The structure was uniquely built into a hillside from salvaged Qu ...

                                               

Marshall R. Sanguinet

                                               

Bayard Witt

                                               

Plainview Hardware Company Building

The Plainview Hardware Company Building, at 210 S. Main St. in Perryton, Texas, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It is a two-story masonry Art Deco-style building, with a dressed limestone veneer on its front and co ...

                                               

Cuero I Archeological District

The Cuero I Archeological District, in the vicinity of Cuero, Texas, is a 57.000 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. It includes parts of DeWitt County, Texas and Gonzales County, Texas. T ...

                                               

Greek Revival houses in Texas

                                               

Anderson County Courthouse (Texas)

The Anderson County Courthouse is an historic courthouse located at 1 Public Square in Palestine, Anderson County, Texas. The Beaux-Arts style building was built atop the highest hill in Palestine. Austin architects Charles Henry Page and Louis C ...

                                               

Alfred Horatio Belo House

The Alfred Horatio Belo House is a historic mansion in Dallas, Texas, USA. It was built for Colonel Alfred Horatio Belo, a veteran of the Confederate States Army and founder of The Dallas Morning News, circa 1900. It remained in the Belo family u ...

                                               

Montana Avenue Historic District

The Montana Avenue Historic District in El Paso, Texas is a historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. It includes area of 26 acres, in the 1000 through 1500 blocks of Montana Avenue. It included 69 co ...

                                               

Willacy County Courthouse

The Willacy County Courthouse is a historic three-story building in Raymondville, Texas, and the former courthouse of Willacy County, Texas. It was designed in the Classical Revival architectural style, and it was the county courthouse until Febr ...

                                               

Moores Crossing Historic District

Moores Crossing Historic District is a community located in rural Travis County nine miles southeast of Austin, Texas near the Austin–Bergstrom International Airport. The location was used as a low-water crossing of Onion Creek as early as the 18 ...

                                               

St. Marys Catholic Church (Brenham, Texas)

St. Marys Catholic Church is a historic Catholic church at 701 Church in Brenham, Texas. It was built in 1935 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

                                               

Caldwell County Courthouse (Texas)

The Caldwell County Courthouse is a historic courthouse located in Lockhart, Texas, United States. The courthouse was built in 1894 to replace the existing courthouse, which was too small for the growing county. The courthouse was designated a Re ...

                                               

Central Presbyterian Church (Amarillo, Texas)

Central Presbyterian Church is a historic church at 1100 Harrison Street in Amarillo, Texas. It was built in a Late Gothic Revival, Tudor Revival style and was added to the National Register in 1991.

                                               

Morgan A. and Clarissa R. Knapp House

The Morgan A. and Clarissa R. Knapp House, at 106 South 100 East in Richmond, Utah, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. It is a one-and-a-half-story Craftsman-style bungalow built in 1913–14. It has a full-width porch. ...

                                               

Superintendents Residence at the Utah State Hospital

The Superintendents Residence at the Utah State Hospital is a historic house located at the Utah State Hospital in east Provo, Utah, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. This Colonial Revival style hom ...

                                               

Capitol Hill Historic District (Salt Lake City, Utah)

The district was originally roughly bounded by Beck, Main and Wall Streets, 300 North, Victory Road, and Capitol Boulevard and includes the Utah State Capitol. The district was increased in 2002 to include an area roughly bounded by 300 North, 40 ...

                                               

William Bonner House

The house is located at 110 East Main Street SR‑113. It was designed and built by John Watkins. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places June 17, 1986.

                                               

Johnson–Hansen House

The Johnson–Hansen home is one of four c.1870s houses remaining within this older, tree-lined residential neighborhood that demonstrate the town grid settlement pattern. These older homes are situated on corner lots and appear to have been laid o ...

                                               

Lehi Main Street Historic District

The Lehi Main Street Historic District is a 5-acre historic district in Lehi, Utah that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. It includes work dating from 1891, and includes Italianate and Gothic architecture. The listin ...

                                               

Greek Revival houses in Utah

                                               

Manti City Hall

The Manti City Hall is a historic building in Manti, Utah. Designed in the Italianate architectural style, it has been the city hall of Manti since 1882. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since June 27, 1985.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →