ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 347




                                               

Irton with Santon

Irton with Santon is a civil parish in Copeland, Cumbria, England, which includes the village of Santon Bridge. It has a parish council. In the 2011 census it was recorded as having a population of 316. The parish is bordered by the parishes of G ...

                                               

Lamplugh

Lamplugh is a scattered community and civil parish located in west Cumbria on the edge of the English Lake District and historically part of Cumberland. The main A5086 road from Cockermouth to Egremont runs roughly north–south through the communi ...

                                               

Millom Without

Millom Without is a civil parish in the county of Cumbria, England. Millom Without forms part of the borough of Copeland; the largest settlement in the parish is The Green. The population of the civil parish as at the 2011 census was 859.

                                               

Muncaster

                                               

Nether Wasdale

Nether Wasdale is a village in Cumbria, England, located in the Wasdale valley, near the River Irt and just over a mile to the west of the Wastwater lake.

                                               

Nethertown

Nethertown is a small village in Cumbria, England on the Irish Sea coast. The community is covered by the civil parish of "Lowside Quarter", and was created out of one of the old parochial townships of the parish of St Bees.

                                               

Orgill

Orgill is part of one of the oldest fairs in history, as it is where the crab fair field is every year, which usually contains carnival style games, fair ground rides and performances from various local bands/entertainers.

                                               

Parton, Cumbria

Parton is a village and civil parish on the Cumbrian coast, overlooking the Solway Firth, 1¼ miles north of the town of Whitehaven. Formerly a port and a mining centre, it is now purely residential, benefiting from its location between the A595 t ...

                                               

Ponsonby, Cumbria

Ponsonby is a village and civil parish in the Borough of Copeland of the county of Cumbria, England. Ponsonby has a church which was constructed in 1840 and had further additions in 1874. Ponsonby is located along and just off the A595. It has a ...

                                               

Muncaster

Ravenglass is a small coastal village and natural harbour in Cumbria, England roughly halfway between Barrow-in-Furness and Whitehaven. Historically in Cumberland, it is the only coastal town in the Lake District National Park. It is located at t ...

                                               

Rowrah

Rowrah is a village in Cumbria and spans the civil parishes of Arlecdon and Frizington and Lamplugh. The majority of Rowrah is within Arlecdon and Frizington. The parish boundaries are formed from the Windergill Beck and Colliergate Beck: as such ...

                                               

Silecroft

The village of Silecroft in Cumbria is in the parish of Whicham. It is situated between the towns of Millom and Bootle, and also neighbours the towns/villages of Haverigg, Kirksanton and Whitbeck. The village is located just within the Lake Distr ...

                                               

Swinside

Swinside, which is also known as Sunkenkirk and Swineshead, is a stone circle lying beside Swinside Fell, part of Black Combe in southern Cumbria, North West England. One of around 1.300 recorded stone circles in the British Isles and Brittany, i ...

                                               

Waberthwaite

Waberthwaite is a small, former rural civil parish on the south bank of the estuary of the River Esk, in Copeland, Cumbria, England. Since 1934 it has been part of the combined parish of Waberthwaite and Corney, which covers 10 square miles and h ...

                                               

Wasdale Head

Wasdale Head is a scattered agricultural hamlet in the Lake District National Park in Cumbria, England. Wasdale Head claims to be home of the highest mountain, deepest lake, smallest church and biggest liar in England. The last of these claims re ...

                                               

Copeland Borough Council elections

                                               

Corby Borough Council elections

1976 Corby District Council election New ward boundaries 1995 Corby Borough Council election 2003 Corby Borough Council election 1999 Corby Borough Council election New ward boundaries 1979 Corby District Council election 1987 Corby District Coun ...

                                               

Cottingham, Northamptonshire

Cottingham is a village and civil parish in the Corby district in the county of Northamptonshire in the English midlands that can trace its history back to Roman times. Cotingeham is listed in the Domesday Book and is also mentioned in the Anglo- ...

                                               

East Carlton

East Carlton is a village and civil parish in the county of Northamptonshire, on the southern ridge overlooking the Welland valley to the north and covers 1.645 acres on a long strip of land. It is 2 miles west of the town of Corby and is adminis ...

                                               

Great Oakley, Northamptonshire

Great Oakley is an outer suburb of Corby situated approximately two miles south west of the town centre and five miles from Kettering, England. It is represented on Corby Borough Council by one councillor. The population of the Great Oakley Ward ...

                                               

Gretton, Northamptonshire

Gretton is a village and civil parish in the Corby district, in the English midlands county of Northamptonshire. It is in Rockingham Forest and overlooks the valley of the River Welland and the neighbouring county of Rutland. At the time of the 2 ...

                                               

West Glebe Park

The park sits on ground that was scarred by industrial use, from 1897 iron ore was mined at the site and from 1910 a blast furnace produced iron. The pit from which the iron ore was mined was up to 60 feet in depth. In 1916 the quarry was closed, ...

                                               

Corby Borough Council elections

                                               

Adlestrop

Adlestrop is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. It is recorded as Tedestrop in the Domesday Book. The name means "village of a person called Adel", with the Old English suffix thorp, which here has become "trop". In the 2011 ...

                                               

Aldsworth

Aldsworth is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, about ten miles north-east of Cirencester. In 2010 its population was 236. Aldsworth is a large parish, slightly north of the River Leach, located in the South W ...

                                               

Ampney Crucis

Ampney Crucis is a village and civil parish in the Cotswolds, part of the Cotswold District of Gloucestershire, England. The village is in the Ampney-Coln electoral ward. This ward stretches from Ampney Crucis to Coln St. Dennis in the north. The ...

                                               

Andoversford

Andoversford is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England, about six miles east of Cheltenham. The parish had a population of 668 according to the 2001 census, reducing to 555 at the 2011 census. The village ...

                                               

Arlington Row

Arlington Row at Arlington in the parish of Bibury, Gloucestershire, England was built in the late 14th century as a wool store and converted into weavers houses in the late 17th century. It is a Grade I listed building, owned by the National Tru ...

                                               

Arlington, Gloucestershire

In 1066 Arlington had two mills and continued to flourish based on the wool trade until the 18th century. Arlington was the ancestral home of John Custis II, who emigrated to the Colony of Virginia and named his palatial four-story brick mansion ...

                                               

Avening

Avening is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England, about three miles north of Tetbury. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 1.094, decreasing to 1.031 at the 2011 census. Nearby is Gatcombe ...

                                               

Bagpath

Bagpath is a hamlet in Gloucestershire, England, in the Ozleworth valley south of the village of Kingscote and forming part of Kingscote civil parish. The hamlet consists of two separate settlements of Bagpath and Newington Bagpath, although resi ...

                                               

Barnsley, Gloucestershire

Barnsley is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England, 3.7 miles northeast of Cirencester. It is 125 kilometres west of London.

                                               

Batsford

Batsford is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 99. The village is about 1½ miles north-west of Moreton-in-Marsh. There is a falconry centre close to ...

                                               

Bibury

Bibury is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. It is on the River Coln, a Thames tributary that rises in the same District. The village centre is 6 1 ⁄ 2 miles northeast of Cirencester. Arlington Row is a nationally notable arc ...

                                               

Birdlip

Birdlip is a village in Cotswold District of Gloucestershire in England, in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, at an altitude of 287 m, and about 6 miles south of Cheltenham and 8 miles south east of Gloucester.

                                               

Bledington

Bledington is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England, about four miles south-east of Stow-on-the-Wold and six miles south-west of Chipping Norton. The population of the civil parish in 2014 was estimated t ...

                                               

Bourton-on-the-Water

Bourton-on-the-Water is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England that lies on a wide flat vale within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village had a population of 3.296 inhabitants at the 2011 census. Much of th ...

                                               

Broadwell, Cotswold

Broadwell is a village and civil parish in the English county of Gloucestershire. It is about 1.5 miles north of Stow-on-the-Wold, In the 2001 United Kingdom census, the parish had a population of 384. decreasing to 355 at the 2011 census. The Ch ...

                                               

Cassey Compton

                                               

Cherington, Gloucestershire

Cherington is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold District of Gloucestershire, England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 Census was 224.

                                               

Coberley

Coberley is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold District of Gloucestershire in England, 4 miles south of Cheltenham. It lies at the confluence of several streams that form the River Churn, a tributary of the River Thames. The medieval vill ...

                                               

Cold Aston

Cold Aston is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England, approximately 30 km to the east of Gloucester. It lies in the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

                                               

Colesbourne

Colesbourne is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England. The village and parish lies within the Cotswolds, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village is 10 miles 16 km east-southeast from t ...

                                               

Coln St. Aldwyns

Coln St. Aldwyns is a village and civil parish in the Cotswold district of the English county of Gloucestershire. The designation "St. Aldwyns" Culna Sancti Aylwini is attested from the 12th century, and differentiates the village from Coln Roger ...

                                               

Compton Abdale

Compton Abdale is a small village in Gloucestershire, England on the Roman "White Way" which ran North from Cirencester The village lies about 9 miles North of Cirencester, 1 mile South of the A40 London road. In 1870-72, John Marius Wilsons Impe ...

                                               

Didmarton

Didmarton is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. It lies in the Cotswold District, about 6 miles southwest of Tetbury. The parish is on the county borders with South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Since 25 March 1883, the civi ...

                                               

Duntisbourne Rouse

Duntisbourne Rouse is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. It lies in the Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. At the 2001 census, it had a population of 70.

                                               

Eastleach

Eastleach is a civil parish in the county of Gloucestershire, England. It was created in 1935 when the separate parishes of Eastleach Turville and Eastleach Martin were combined as the civil parish of Eastleach. The two villages of the parish - E ...

                                               

Elkstone

Elkstone is a village and civil parish in the English county of Gloucestershire. In the 2001 United Kingdom census, the parish had a population of 203, increasing to 248 at the 2011 census Approximately 7 miles 11 km south of its post town, Chelt ...

                                               

Fairford

Fairford is a small town in Gloucestershire, England. The town lies in the Cotswold hills on the River Coln, 6 miles east of Cirencester, 4 miles west of Lechlade and 9 miles north of Swindon. Nearby are RAF Fairford and the Cotswold Water Park.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →