ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 307




                                               

Carmel, Ohio

A post office was established at Carmel in 1856, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1913. The community took its name from the local Mount Carmel church.

                                               

Carpenter, Ohio

A post office called Carpenter was established in 1883, and remained in operation until 1963. The community was named for one of three prominent Carpenter men who were natives of the area, Amos Carpenter, Sr., an old resident, or Jesse C. Carpent ...

                                               

Carpenters Fort, Ohio

Carpenters Fort or Carpenters Station as it was sometimes called, was established in the summer of 1781 when John Carpenter built a fortified house above the mouth of Short Creek on the Ohio side of the Ohio River in what is now Jefferson County, ...

                                               

Cavallo, Ohio

                                               

Caywood, Ohio

Caywood had its start in 1871 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called Caywood was established in 1871, and remained in operation until 1922. The community was named for the local Caywood family.

                                               

Centerpoint, Ohio

                                               

Chalfants, Ohio

Chalfants had its start around 1871 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called Chalfants was established in 1877, and remained in operation until 1932.

                                               

Chapel Hill, Ohio

                                               

Chapman, Ohio

Chapman is an unincorporated community in Coal Township, Jackson County, Ohio, United States. It is located south of Coalton at 39°05′21″N 82°37′06″W, at the intersection of Ohio State Route 93 and Jackson Hill Road. The post office was originall ...

                                               

Charm, Ohio

Charm is an unincorporated community in northwestern Clark Township, Holmes County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 44617. It lies along State Route 557.

                                               

Chili, Ohio

Chili originally grew up around a blacksmith shop which was established there. The community was platted in 1834. A post office opened under the name Winklepecks in 1834, the name was changed to Chili in 1838, and the post office closed in 1908.

                                               

Churchtown, Ohio

A post office was established at Churchtown in 1875, and remained in operation until 1907. The Churchtown post office originally was housed in a Catholic church, hence the name.

                                               

Circle Green, Ohio

                                               

Clarksville, Perry County, Ohio

                                               

Clarktown, Ohio

Clarktown is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in southeastern Jefferson Township, Scioto County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 958. Located at the intersection of State Route 139 with Bur ...

                                               

Clay, Ohio

Clay is an unincorporated community in Franklin Township, Jackson County, Ohio, United States. It is located between Jackson and Oak Hill at the intersection of Ohio State Route 93 and Clay Banner Road/Pyro Road. The Clay Post Office was establis ...

                                               

Claysville, Ohio

Claysville was platted in 1828 on the Clay Pike, from which the community took its name. A post office called Claysville has been in operation since 1830.

                                               

Clear Creek (Hocking River tributary)

Clear Creek is a tributary of the Hocking River. It starts in western Fairfield County and flows southwest into northern Hocking County. In the upper half of the creeks watershed was glaciated and currently has a large amount of agricultural land ...

                                               

Clendening Lake

Clendening Lake is a reservoir located in Harrison County, Ohio, in the United States, formed by damming Brushy Fork, 0.5 miles East of Tippecanoe. It is part of the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District, which was created in 1933 to control f ...

                                               

Columbia, Tuscarawas County, Ohio

Columbia is an unincorporated community in Franklin Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. It is located near Strasburg, Parral, and Dover. Despite being in Franklin Township, Columbia uses Dovers Zip Code, 44622.

                                               

Comet, Jackson County, Ohio

Comet is an unincorporated community in Washington Township, Jackson County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 39°06′57″N 82°33′04″W, on the western edge of Wellston. Comet was originally founded along the Ohio Southern Railroad as a company ...

                                               

Connorville, Ohio

Connorville originally had a coal mine employing 60 men. A post office called Connorville was established in 1899, and remained in operation until 1958. Besides the post office, Connorville had a country store.

                                               

Conotton, Ohio

Conotton is an unincorporated community in North Township, Harrison County, Ohio, United States. The community is serviced by the Bowerston post office, ZIP code 44695. It is located near Conotton Creek, State Route 151 and the Wheeling and Lake ...

                                               

Constitution, Ohio

A post office called Constitution was established in 1842, and remained in operation until 1978. The communitys name commemorates the contribution a local settler, Ephraim Cutler, made to outlaw slavery in the Constitution of Ohio.

                                               

Cooperdale, Ohio

Cooperdale was named for George Cooper, who founded the town when the Cleveland, Akron and Columbus Railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established at Cooperdale in 1888, and remained in operation until 1955.

                                               

Cornerville, Ohio

A post office called Cornerville opened in 1890, and was discontinued in 1891. Besides the post office, Cornerville had the Little Muskingum Congregational church, established in 1843.

                                               

Costonia, Ohio

                                               

Cow Run, Ohio

                                               

Craig, Ohio

                                               

Creola, Ohio

Creola is an unincorporated community in southern Swan Township, Vinton County, Ohio, United States. It had a post office, with ZIP code 45622, from 1860 until May 15, 1992, when service was suspended and mail was instead routed through New Plymo ...

                                               

Crooked Tree, Ohio

Crooked Tree is an unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Noble County, Ohio, United States. Crooked Tree is located on Ohio State Route 339, 2 miles southwest of Dexter City.

                                               

Crossenville, Ohio

                                               

Cynthiana, Ohio

Cynthiana is a census-designated place in northwestern Perry Township, Pike County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45624. It lies along State Route 41.

                                               

Daleyville, Ohio

                                               

Dalzell, Ohio

Dalzell was laid out in 1871, and named for Private Dalzell. A post office called Dalzell was established in 1872, and remained in operation until 1919.

                                               

Dart, Ohio

A post office called Dart was established in 1905, and remained in operation until 1984. According to tradition, the townspeople were searching for a suitable name when they saw a bird flying "like a dart". Dart was the home of Lawrence Elementar ...

                                               

Darwin, Ohio

Darwin is a small unincorporated community in central Bedford Township, Meigs County, Ohio, in the United States. It is located along U.S. Route 33 between Athens and Pomeroy, at its intersection with State Route 681.

                                               

Davisville, Ohio

Davisville is an unincorporated community in Coal Township, Jackson County, Ohio, United States. It is located south of Coalton along Ohio State Route 93, at 39°05′52″N 82°36′44″W.

                                               

Deavertown, Ohio

Deavertown was laid out in 1815, and named for the local Deaver family. A post office called Deavertown was established in 1828, and remained in operation until 1957.

                                               

Decaturville, Ohio

The area now known as Decaturville was originally called "Upper Settlement", as it was settled somewhat later than the "Lower Settlement", i.e. Fillmore. A post office called Decaturville was established in 1851, and remained in operation until 1904.

                                               

Derwent, Ohio

Derwent is an unincorporated community in central Valley Township, Guernsey County, Ohio, United States. It is located near the southern border of Guernsey and Noble counties. Derwent lies in southeastern Ohio, a part of the Unglaciated Allegheny ...

                                               

Deucher, Ohio

Deucher is an extinct town in Washington County, in the U.S. state of Ohio. The GNIS classifies it as a populated place. A post office called Deucher was established in 1885, and remained in operation until 1950. Daniel Deucher was a partner in t ...

                                               

Deyarmonville, Ohio

                                               

Dodsonville, Ohio

Dodsonville was laid out in 1839, and named after Joshua Dodson, a government surveyor. A post office was established at Dodsonville in 1843, and remained in operation until 1906.

                                               

Dry Run, Scioto County, Ohio

A post office called Dry Run was established in 1888, and remained in operation until 1908. The community takes its name from nearby Dry Run creek. Besides the post office, Dry Run had a schoolhouse.

                                               

Dudley, Ohio

Dudley had its start in 1871 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established at Dudley in 1872, and remained in operation until 1953. The town site was officially platted in 1877. Dudley was the name of a family of ear ...

                                               

Duffy, Ohio

                                               

Dundee, Ohio

Dundee is a census-designated place in central Wayne Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 44624. It lies at the intersection of State Routes 93 and 516.

                                               

Dungannon, Noble County, Ohio

                                               

Dunglen, Ohio

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →