ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 301




                                               

North West Leicestershire

North West Leicestershire is a local government district in Leicestershire, England. The population of the Local Authority at the 2011 census was 93.348. Its main towns are Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Coalville. The district contains East Midlands Airp ...

                                               

Abbots Oak

Abbots Oak is a hamlet near Coalville Leicestershire, comprising a cluster of dwellings near Warren Hills, either side of the road between Whitwick and Copt Oak. There is a public house here called The Bulls Head, which claims the distinction of ...

                                               

Appleby Parva

Appleby Parva, or Little Appleby, part of the parish of Appleby Magna in Leicestershire, is a hamlet about 1 mile south-west of Appleby church. It straddles the A444, south of the crossroads of the highways from Ashby de la Zouch to Tamworth, fro ...

                                               

Bardon, Leicestershire

Bardon is a civil parish and former village in North West Leicestershire about 1.5 miles southeast of the centre of Coalville. The parish includes Bardon Hill, which at 912 feet above sea level is the highest point in Leicestershire. With the pop ...

                                               

Belton, Leicestershire

Belton is a small village and civil parish in the North West Leicestershire district of Leicestershire, England. The village is located approximately 2 miles northwest of the town of Shepshed, 5.5 miles west-northwest of Loughborough, and 6 miles ...

                                               

Boundary, Leicestershire

                                               

Breedon on the Hill

Breedon on the Hill is a village and civil parish about 5 miles north of Ashby-de-la-Zouch in North West Leicestershire, England. The parish adjoins the Derbyshire county boundary and the village is only about 2 miles south of the Derbyshire town ...

                                               

Castle Donington

Castle Donington is a small market town and civil parish in Leicestershire, England, on the edge of the National Forest close to East Midlands Airport.

                                               

Cavendish Bridge

Cavendish Bridge is a bridge over the River Trent, connecting the counties of Leicestershire and Derbyshire; it is also the name of a hamlet on the Leicestershire side of the river within the Castle Donington parish. This bridge once carried the ...

                                               

Ellistown

Ellistown is a village about 2 miles south of Coalville in North West Leicestershire, England. It is named after Colonel Joseph Joel Ellis who died in 1885. The population from the 2011 census was included in the civil parish of Ellistown and Bat ...

                                               

Griffydam

Griffydam is most famously associated with a chalybeate well, or sacred spring, which lies along a path below the main road through the village. According to tradition, the name Griffydam derives from a combination of the terms Griffin an ancient ...

                                               

Heather, Leicestershire

Heather is a village west of Ibstock in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 949 at the 2001 census reducing to 920 at the 2011 census. In the Domesday Book of 1086, its name is recorded as Hadre, meaning "th ...

                                               

Hugglescote

Hugglescote is a village on the River Sence in North West Leicestershire, England. The village is about 1 mile south of the centre of Coalville, and its built-up area is now contiguous with the town. Hugglescote and Donington le Heath were part o ...

                                               

Hugglescote and Donington le Heath

Hugglescote and Donington le Heath is a civil parish in North West Leicestershire, England. It includes the villages of Hugglescote and Donington le Heath, each of which is about 1 mile south of the centre of Coalville. The population of the civi ...

                                               

Ibstock

Ibstock is a village and civil parish about 2.5 miles south of Coalville in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 5.760 at the 2001 census increasing to 6.201 at the 2011 census. The village is on the A447 roa ...

                                               

Kegworth

Kegworth is a large village and civil parish in the North West Leicestershire district of Leicestershire, in the English East Midlands region. It forms part of the border with Nottinghamshire and is situated 6 miles north of Loughborough, 12 mile ...

                                               

Measham

Measham is a large village in the county of Leicestershire, England, close to its borders with Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire. It lies off the A42, 4.5 miles south of Ashby de la Zouch, the closest town, and within the National Forest ...

                                               

Moira, Leicestershire

Moira is a former mining village about 2.5 miles southwest of Ashby-de-la-Zouch in North West Leicestershire, England. The village is about 3 miles south of Swadlincote and is close to the boundary with Derbyshire. The population is included in t ...

                                               

Newton Burgoland

Newton Burgoland is part of the Swepstone civil parish in the North West Leicestershire district of Leicestershire, England. The Swepstone parish also includes a small settlement named Newton-Nethercote, which forms part of the village. The popul ...

                                               

Normanton le Heath

Normanton le Heath is a village and civil parish situated between the parishes of Packington, Ravenstone and Heather in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 131 at the 2001 census, rising to 165 at the 2011 c ...

                                               

Oakthorpe

Oakthorpe is a village in the English county of Leicestershire. In 1086, Oakthorpe was part of Derbyshire and was amongst several manors given to Nigel of Stafford by William the Conqueror. Until 1897 Oakthorpe, and its neighbours Measham and Don ...

                                               

Ravenstone, Leicestershire

Ravenstone is a small rural cluster village with a population of 2149, situated just off the A511 road between Coalville and Ashby-de-la-Zouch, in North West Leicestershire, and within the National Forest, England. From the 2011 census the popula ...

                                               

Sinope, Leicestershire

                                               

Snarestone

Snarestone is a small rural village in North West Leicestershire, England. It lies on the edge of the National Forest and is 5 miles 8 km from the market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. It has a population of approximately 300 people and 120 household ...

                                               

Stretton en le Field

Stretton en le Field is a small village and civil parish in the North West Leicestershire district of Leicestershire, England. It is about 7 miles/11 km south-west of Ashby de la Zouch, and according to the 2001 census the parish had a population ...

                                               

Thringstone

Thringstone is a village in north-west Leicestershire, England about 3 miles north of Coalville. It lies within the area of the English National Forest. Until 1875, Thringstone had been a township within the ancient parish of Whitwick. The townsh ...

                                               

Whitwick

Whitwick is a large village in Leicestershire, England, close to the town of Coalville in the northwest of the county. It lies in an ancient parish which formerly included the equally historic villages of Thringstone and Swannington. It was an im ...

                                               

Willesley

Willesley is a place near Ashby-de-la-Zouch. It was in Derbyshire but is now part of Leicestershire. In the 19th century it had a population of about 60 and Willesley Hall was the home of the Abney and later the Abney-Hastings family. Willesley i ...

                                               

Worthington, Leicestershire

Worthington is a village and civil parish in North West Leicestershire, England, about 4 miles north of the town of Coalville and a similar distance north-east of the market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. The population of the civil parish at the 201 ...

                                               

North West Leicestershire District Council elections

                                               

Abington (ward)

Abington is an area and electoral ward of Northampton, England. It is represented in Westminster by Michael Ellis, the MP for Northampton North, with the exception of a small minority of the electorate who live in and around Vernon Terrace and So ...

                                               

History of Northampton

                                               

Sport in Northampton

                                               

Cragend Silo

Cragend Silo is a Grade II* listed building located at Cragend Farm near the town of Rothbury in Northumberland, England. It was designed and built by Lord Armstrong of Cragside.

                                               

Local government in Northumberland

                                               

Sport in Northumberland

                                               

Ber Street, Norwich

Ber Street is a historic street in Norwich City Centre between Queens Road and King Street. An ancient Roman Road, it was once one of the major routes into Norwich city centre, since the 12th century. The street now exists as a fragmented row of ...

                                               

Buildings and structures in Norwich

                                               

Bridlesmith Gate

Bridlesmith Gate is a pedestrianised shopping street in the city centre of Nottingham, England. It is located between Middle Pavement and Victoria Street. St. Peters Gate and Bottle Lane stem off it along with Byard Lane. Bridlesmith Gate houses ...

                                               

Byard Lane

Byard Lane has existed since the Middle Ages when it was known as Walleonelane, Walloonlane or Wooler Lane probably a corruption of Wall-On Lane as it abutted the town defences. In 1757, the early history of Methodism in the town had its roots he ...

                                               

Roman Catholic Diocese of Nottingham

The Diocese of Nottingham, England, is a Roman Catholic diocese of the Latin Rite and a suffragan in the ecclesiastical province of the Metropolitan Diocese of Westminster. The diocese covers an area of 13.074 square kilometres 5.048 sq mi, takin ...

                                               

Weekday Cross

Weekday Cross, in the Lace Market area of Nottingham, was the main market area in Nottingham. As the location of the town hall, Nottingham Guild Hall and main market, it was the centre of the town, before the market moved to the Old Market Square ...

                                               

Buildings and structures in Nottingham

                                               

Nuneaton and Bedworth

Nuneaton and Bedworth is a local government district with borough status, in northern Warwickshire, England, consisting of the towns of Nuneaton and Bedworth, the large village of Bulkington and the green belt land inbetween. It has a population ...

                                               

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council elections

Half of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council in Warwickshire, England is elected every two years. Until 2002 the council was elected by thirds. Since the last boundary changes in 2002, 34 councillors have been elected from 17 wards.

                                               

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council elections

                                               

Oadby and Wigston

Oadby and Wigston is a local government district and borough in the English county of Leicestershire. It was formed in 1974, under the Local Government Act 1972, from the merger of the Oadby and Wigston urban districts. The population of the dist ...

                                               

Oadby

Oadby is a small town in Leicestershire, three miles south east of Leicester city centre. The town is famous for Leicester Racecourse, situated on the border between Oadby and Stoneygate, and the University of Leicester Botanical Garden. Oadby ha ...

                                               

Oadby and Wigston Borough Council elections

Oadby and Wigston Borough Council in Leicestershire, England is elected every four years. Since the last boundary changes in 2003, 26 councillors have been elected from 10 wards.

                                               

South Wigston

South Wigston is a large village to the south of Leicester, England. It is outside the city boundary, forming part of the Oadby and Wigston district of Leicestershire. The population of the ward rose slightly from 7.471 at the 2001 census to 7.49 ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →