ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 28




                                               

Betcher, Minnesota

Betcher was begun as a small village at around 1900 by Arthur H. Betcher. A post office was established at Betcher in 1902, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.

                                               

Bridgewater Heights, Minnesota

Bridgewater Heights is a subdivision development in Dundas, in Rice County, Minnesota, United States. It was originally developed by D. R. Horton, though the company has since divested most of the undeveloped land. Named after Bridgewater Townshi ...

                                               

Elkwood Township, Roseau County, Minnesota

The township was dissolved in 1937 and is now part of the large unorganized territory of Roseau County. Elkwood Township once had elk roaming in its prairies, but is mostly forested.

                                               

Arnold, Minnesota

Arnold is a former census-designated place, which was located in Rice Lake, Saint Louis County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 2.960 at the 2010 census. The census-designated place of Arnold was located entirely within the former Ri ...

                                               

Kelly Lake, Hibbing, Minnesota

Kelly Lake is a neighborhood of the city of Hibbing in St. Louis County, Minnesota, United States. County Road 60 / Rainey Road / 1st Avenue serves as a main arterial route in the community. Previously, Kelly Lake was its own unincorporated commu ...

                                               

Little Swan, Hibbing, Minnesota

Little Swan is a neighborhood of the city of Hibbing in St. Louis County, Minnesota, United States. Previously, Little Swan was its own unincorporated community before it was annexed by the city of Hibbing. Little Swan is located at the East Swan ...

                                               

Quad Cities (Minnesota)

The Quad Cities in the U.S. state of Minnesota consist of the cities of Virginia, Eveleth, Gilbert, and Mountain Iron; located in the Arrowhead Region, overlapping Iron Range region, and Saint Louis County. U.S. Highway 53, U.S. Highway 169, Stat ...

                                               

West Virginia, Minnesota

West Virginia is a neighborhood of Mountain Iron, Saint Louis County, Minnesota, United States. It was formally absorbed into the city of Mountain Iron in the 1970s. An unincorporated community before it was absorbed by Mountain Iron, it had a po ...

                                               

McComb micropolitan area

The McComb Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in southwestern Mississippi that includes the counties of Amite and Pike. As of the 2000 census, this μSA had a population of 210.875.

                                               

Greenwood, Mississippi micropolitan area

The Greenwood Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in the northwestern Delta region of Mississippi that covers two counties - Leflore and Carroll. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 48.716.

                                               

Meridian micropolitan area

The Meridian Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in east central Mississippi that covers three counties - Clarke, Kemper, and Lauderdale. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 106.569. According to the 2010 Census, t ...

                                               

Montpelier Historic District (Montpelier, Mississippi)

Montpelier Historic District, the center of the unincorporated community of Montpelier, Mississippi in Clay County, Mississippi, is a 2.5-acre historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. Located at the i ...

                                               

Jackson metropolitan area, Mississippi

The Jackson, MS Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in the central region of the U.S. state of Mississippi that covers five counties: Copiah, Hinds, Madison, Rankin, and Simpson. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of ...

                                               

Memphis, Mississippi

Memphis was a village in DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 87 at the 2000 census. In 2004, the village of Memphis officially became part of the town of Walls.

                                               

Hattiesburg metropolitan area

The Hattiesburg Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in southeastern Mississippi that covers three counties - Forrest, Lamar, and Perry. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 123.812. It is part of a wider region know ...

                                               

Pascagoula metropolitan area

The Pascagoula Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in the southeastern corner of Mississippi that covers two counties - Jackson and George. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 150.564. The area was significantly im ...

                                               

Gulfport–Biloxi metropolitan area

The Gulfport-Biloxi Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in the Mississippi Gulf Coast region that covers three counties – Hancock, Harrison, and Stone. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 246.190. The area was sign ...

                                               

Logtown, Mississippi

Logtown, Mississippi is a ghost town located in Hancock County, Mississippi. It is one of several ghost towns situated within the 125.000 acre acoustic buffer zone of NASAs John C. Stennis Space Center. It stood along the banks of the Pearl River ...

                                               

Mississippi City, Mississippi

Mississippi City is an unincorporated community in Harrison County, Mississippi, United States. It is part of the Gulfport–Biloxi, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community was annexed by Gulfport, Mississippi in 1965.

                                               

Turkey Creek Community Historic District

Turkey Creek Community Historic District is a settlement established by emancipated African Americans during the Reconstruction Era after the American Civil War. The community is situated in north Gulfport, Mississippi, and was added to the Natio ...

                                               

Tupelo micropolitan area

The Tupelo Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in northeastern Mississippi that covers three counties - Itawamba, Lee and Pontotoc. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 125.251.

                                               

Laurel micropolitan area

The Laurel Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in the southeastern Mississippi that covers two counties - Jasper and Jones. As of the 2000 census, the Laurel MS Micropolitan Statistical Area had a population of 83.107.

                                               

Greensboro Street Historic District

Greensboro Street Historic District in Starkville, Mississippi is a linear historic district along a residential boulevard that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 and increased in 2008. The originally designated area i ...

                                               

Holly Grove Site

The National Register of Historic Places contains a listing for a Holly Grove Site, also known as Beaver Dam Archeological Site or 22-Pa-524, which is a 180-acre archeological site near Sledge, Mississippi, in Panola County, Mississippi. It was l ...

                                               

Pearl River Valley Water Supply District

The Pearl River Valley Water Supply District is a governing entity within the state of Mississippi tasked to manage a portion of the Pearl River basin, including the Ross Barnett Reservoir area, and its watersheds. The responsibilities of the dis ...

                                               

Sanatorium, Mississippi

Sanatorium is a community in Simpson County, Mississippi, U.S., northwest of Magee. The community was named for the Mississippi Tuberculosis Sanatorium, founded in 1916, which was a hospital for TB patients from 1918 to the 1950s. In 1976, the ol ...

                                               

Kirksville micropolitan area, Missouri

The Kirksville Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in Missouri, anchored by the city of Kirksville. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 29.147, and in ...

                                               

Westplex

                                               

Beauvais Township, Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri

Beauvais Township is a subdivision of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri, in the United States of America, and is one of the five townships located in Ste. Genevieve County.

                                               

Jackson Township, Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri

Jackson Township is a subdivision of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri, in the United States of America, and is one of the five townships located in Ste. Genevieve County.

                                               

Saline Township, Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri

Saline Township is a subdivision of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri, in the United States of America, and is one of the five townships located in Ste. Genevieve County.

                                               

Ste. Genevieve Township, Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri

Ste. Genevieve Township is a subdivision of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri, in the United States of America, and is one of the five townships located in Ste. Genevieve County.

                                               

Union Township, Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri

Union Township is a subdivision of Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri, in the United States of America, and is one of the five townships located in Ste. Genevieve County.

                                               

Dryhead Country

Dryhead Country is a region in Carbon County and Big Horn County in southern Montana between Bighorn Canyon and the Pryor Mountains. The locale was named after the piles of dry bison skulls that accumulated at the base of a local buffalo jump. Th ...

                                               

Elkhorn, Montana

Elkhorn is a census-designated place in Jefferson County, Montana, United States, in the Elkhorn Mountains of the southwestern part of the state. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 10. The community is considered a ghost town, and two o ...

                                               

MacHaffie Site (24JF4)

The MacHaffie Site is a site on the National Register of Historic Places located south of Helena, Montana. It was added to the Register on April 3, 1986. The site was discovered in 1938.

                                               

McDonald Peak

McDonald Peak) is located in the U.S. state of Montana and is the highest peak in the Mission Mountains. McDonald Peak is situated within the Flathead Indian Reservation. The peak has the second greatest topographic prominence of all summits with ...

                                               

Taft, Montana

Taft is a ghost town in the western United States in Mineral County, Montana. Located in the Bitterroot Range near the Idaho border along the route of the Mullan Road, it was a thriving railroad town c. 1908, named after William H. Taft. It is sa ...

                                               

Hellgate Canyon

Hellgate Canyon is a canyon in Missoula County, Montana, formed by the Clark Fork River. It is located just to the east of Missoula, and is approximately fifty miles long. The entrance to the canyon is known as Hells Gate.

                                               

Forests and Wilderness Areas of Missoula County, Montana

                                               

Terry Badlands WSA

The Terry Badlands WSA is a designated Wilderness Study Area by the Bureau of Land Management. It is located three miles north of the township of Terry, Montana. It is part of the National Landscape Conservation System.

                                               

Wolf Mountains Battlefield

Wolf Mountains Battlefield/Where Big Crow Walked Back and Forth was the site of the Battle of Wolf Mountain, the last major combat of the Great Sioux War of 1876–77. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001, and was design ...

                                               

Rimrocks

The Rimrocks are geological rimrock sandstone formations that outcrop in sections of Billings, Montana. Eighty million years ago the Billings metro area was the shore of the Western Interior Seaway, a sea that went from the present-day Gulf of Me ...

                                               

Green Island, Nebraska

Green Island, 10.5 square miles of land in northwestern Cedar County, Nebraska bordering the Missouri River across from Yankton, SD, was home to Strahmburg a former town on the island. Green Island and Strahmburg have had their names used interch ...

                                               

Paragon, Nebraska

Paragon is a former community that was located in Cedar County, NE about 4.5 miles northeast of Hartington, NE. It was called a community because its cemetery, school, mill, post office and store were located within a radius of about one mile of ...

                                               

St. Peters, Nebraska

St. Peters was located less than a mile from the Dixon County, NE line, in Section 12 of present-day Precinct 14 of Cedar County, about 12 miles east and 1.5 miles south of Hartington.

                                               

Sidney Historic Business District

The Sidney Historic Business District is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It is a 6-acre 2.4 ha area roughly bounded by Hickory and King Sts. and 9th and 11th Aves. in Sidney, Nebraska. It i ...

                                               

Ponca Historic District

The Ponca Historic District is a historic district in Ponca, Nebraska that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It includes the commercial center of Ponca, including 38 contributing buildings. These include: Carnegie Li ...

                                               

Clary Ranch

Upon completion of his 1997 faunal analysis, Matt Hill was left with several questions that were currently unanswerable given the data sets. In order to attempt to answer remaining questions, two field sessions totaling 15 days were held using "r ...

                                               

Palmer Site

The Palmer Site, also known as the Skidi Pawnee Village an designated by the Smithsonian trinomial 25HW1, is a prehistoric and historic archeological site near Palmer, Nebraska in Howard and Merrick Counties. The site is a Native American habitat ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →