ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 265



                                               

Downing Street Historic District

Downing Street Historic District, also known as The English Village, is a national historic district located at Hollister, Taney County, Missouri. The district encompasses 12 contributing buildings built between 1909 and the l920s as part of a pl ...

                                               

Odd Fellows Home District

Odd Fellows Home District is a national historic district located at Liberty, Clay County, Missouri. It encompasses three contributing buildings, one contributing site, and four contributing structures associated with an institutional home and ho ...

                                               

Cooper Park Historic District

The Cooper Park Historic District, in Bozeman, Montana, is a 75 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. It includes Cooper Park, a two-block square that anchors the district, and the 200 to 70 ...

                                               

Havre Residential Historic District

The Havre Residential Historic District is a site on the National Register of Historic Places encompassing 36 blocks in Havre, Montana. The Havre Residential Historic District represents Havres economic growth and social change from 1895 to the 1 ...

                                               

Hi Bug Historic District

The Hi Bug Historic District is a residential area of Red Lodge, Montana. The district is on the north side of Villard Avenue and includes portions of Hauser Avenue. The district includes a variety of mansions and Victorian cottages in the Queen ...

                                               

Merrill Avenue Historic District (Glendive, Montana)

The Merrill Avenue Historic District in Glendive, Montana is a historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. The district includes 28 contributing buildings and a contributing site on 2.5 acres.It include ...

                                               

Red Lodge Commercial Historic District

The Red Lodge Commercial Historic District is located in Red Lodge, Montana, between Broadway from 8th to 13th Sts. Its buildings include the Carbon County Courthouse, the Carbon County Hospital and Sanitarium, and the Iris Theater. The downtown ...

                                               

Commercial District (Hardin, Montana)

The Commercial District in Hardin, Montana is a 47 acres area roughly bounded by 4th, Crook, the Burlington Northern line, 1st and Crow Sts. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. It included 40 contributing buildings ...

                                               

Forsyth Main Street Historic District

The Forsyth Main Street Historic District is a 4 acres historic district in Forsyth, Montana which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It included 24 contributing buildings. The district is roughly bounded by Cedar St. ...

                                               

Bozeman Brewery Historic District

The Bozeman Brewery Historic District, located in Bozeman, Montana, at 700–800 N. Wallace Avenue, consists of five structures, all still closely connected to the Julius Lehrkind family and their Bozeman Brewery business. Lehrkind and his brother, ...

                                               

Thexton Ranch

The Thexton Ranch, also known as Thextondale, was established by George Thexton in 1872 on the Madison River about 7 miles south of Ennis, Montana. The ranch is a significant example of an operating Montana ranch, and has been listed on the Natio ...

                                               

Great Falls High School

Great Falls High School is a public high school for grades 9 through 12 located in Great Falls, Montana. Established in 1890, it was the citys first high school. The schools original building, constructed in 1896, is now on the National Register ...

                                               

O.H. Placey

Otis H. Placey, also known as O.H. Placey, was an architect based in Lincoln, Nebraska. He designed the Washington County Courthouse in Blair, Nebraska, built during 1889-91, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

                                               

Golden Hotel (ONeill, Nebraska)

The Golden Hotel, located at 406 E. Douglas St. in ONeill, Nebraska, is a historic hotel that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built during 1912–1913 and includes Colonial Revival architecture. The main part of the bu ...

                                               

Havens–Page House

The Havens–Page House, also known as the T. C. Havens House, is a historic house built between 1900 and 1924 at 101 North 39th Street in the Gold Coast Historic District of Omaha, Nebraska. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 19 ...

                                               

Matthew R. Bentley House

The Matthew R. Bentley House is a historic house in Red Cloud, Nebraska. It was built in 1883 by J. Brubaker, a carpenter. Author Willa Cather took inspiration from the house for her 1915 novel, The Song of the Lark, in which she describes Duke B ...

                                               

Hooper Historic District

The Hooper Historic District, in Hooper, Nebraska, is a 4 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The listing included 22 contributing buildings. It mostly consists of one- and two-story comme ...

                                               

Park Avenue Apartment District

The Park Avenue Apartment District is a historic district in Omaha, Nebraska that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008. One component, the Portland, was built as the Barnard Apartment Building in 1902, and has been known ...

                                               

Dr. Samuel D. Mercer House

The Dr. Samuel D. Mercer House was built in 1885 at 3920 Cuming Street in the historic Walnut Hill neighborhood of Omaha, Nebraska, United States. Samuel Mercer was the chief surgeon of the Union Pacific Railroad, and the founder of Omahas first ...

                                               

Peoples State Bank (Diller, Nebraska)

The Peoples State Bank is a historic two-story building in Diller, Nebraska. It was built in 1892-1893 to house the Peoples State Bank, and it was designed in the Renaissance Revival architectural style. The interior was remodelled and a basement ...

                                               

St. Michaels Catholic Church Complex

The St. Michaels Catholic Church Complex is a church in Spalding, Nebraska. The Gothic Revival main church was designed by J.H. Craddock. The convent building, built during 1926–27, was designed by Omaha architect Jacob M. Nachtigal. The complex ...

                                               

Cherry County Courthouse

The Cherry County Courthouse, at 4th and Main Sts. in Valentine, Nebraska, is a Romanesque-style historic building that was built in 1901. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In its NRHP nomination, the courthouse was deemed ...

                                               

Hamilton County Courthouse (Nebraska)

The Hamilton County Courthouse is a historic building in Aurora, Nebraska, and the courthouse for Hamilton County, Nebraska. It replaced the 1877 courthouse, which in turn replaced the 1870 courthouse. This third courthouse was built in 1894, and ...

                                               

Pavillion Hotel (Taylor, Nebraska)

The Pavillion Hotel on Main St. Square in Taylor, Nebraska is a historic building that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. It was built by Herman Carter in 1887 in anticipation of arrival of the railroad, which was jus ...

                                               

George A. Ferris

                                               

Lehman A. Ferris

                                               

George L. F. OBrien

                                               

Ira W. Tesch

                                               

Hewitt Campau Wells

                                               

Las Vegas High School Academic Building and Gymnasium

Las Vegas High School Academic Building and Gymnasium, now the Las Vegas Academy of International Studies and Performing Arts, is an Art Deco building in Las Vegas, Nevada. It represents a subset of the Art Deco style known as "Aztec Moderne", in ...

                                               

Greek Revival houses in Nevada

                                               

Architecture of Las Vegas

Interest in the Architecture of Las Vegas began in the late 1960s, when in 1967 architects Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown travelled to the city accompanied by students in order to study its architecture. They wrote, with Steven Izenour, a ...

                                               

Buildings and structures in the Las Vegas Valley

                                               

Frame Cottage

The Frame Cottage is a historic house located at 183 Prospect St. in Tonopah, Nevada. The wood frame home was built c. 1909. The house features a gable roof with pediment-like gables, a porch with a pediment, classically influenced boxed eaves, a ...

                                               

Norris W. Corey

                                               

George W. Griffin

                                               

Atlantic Heights Development

The Atlantic Heights Development is a historic company-built worker subdivision in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Bounded by I-95, the Piscataqua River, and the tracks of the Boston and Maine Railroad, this small neighborhood was built in 1918-20 to ...

                                               

Flint Estate

The Flint Estate is a historic summer estate in Antrim, New Hampshire. The estate consists of a collection of five buildings, some of early-to-mid 19th century origin, either brought together or built by Wyman Kneeland Flint beginning in 1913. Th ...

                                               

Amherst Village Historic District

The Amherst Village Historic District encompasses the historic village center of Amherst, New Hampshire. Centered on the towns common, which was established about 1755, Amherst Village is one of the best examples of a late-18th to early-19th cent ...

                                               

Samuel Beck House

The Samuel Beck House is a historic house at 410 The Hill in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Built about 1761, it is a well-preserved example of late colonial architecture with an early Federal period door surround. The building was moved to its prese ...

                                               

Canaan Street Historic District

The Canaan Street Historic District encompasses the historic original town center of Canaan, New Hampshire. It is a basically linear district, running along Canaan Street roughly from Prospect Hill Road in the north to Moss Flower Lane in the sou ...

                                               

Charlestown Main Street Historic District

The Charlestown Main Street Historic District encompasses the historic heart of Charlestown, New Hampshire. It is located along Main Street, roughly between Lower Landing Road and Bridge Street, and encapsulates more than two hundred years of the ...

                                               

John Elkins Farmstead

The John Elkins Farmstead is a historic farmstead at 155 Beach Plain Road in Danville, New Hampshire, United States. The property includes one of Danvilles finest examples of a 19th-century connected farmstead, with buildings dating from the late ...

                                               

Fitzwilliam Common Historic District

The Fitzwilliam Common Historic District encompasses the historic heart of the small town of Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire. The district covers about 13 acres, and includes the town common, laid out in 1765, and the buildings arrayed around it. The ...

                                               

Highland Road Historic District

The Highland Road Historic District is a historic district encompassing a rural neighborhood in South Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. The historic farm estates which characterize the neighborhood date to the turn of the 18th century. T ...

                                               

Hollis Village Historic District

The Hollis Village Historic District encompasses the historic village center of Hollis, New Hampshire. The district is centered on Monument Square, which connects Main Street to Depot Street and Broad Street. It covers about 400 acres, and extend ...

                                               

Lords Hill Historic District

The Lords Hill Historic District encompasses a historic village center in Effingham, New Hampshire. Located along New Hampshire Route 153 on a hill in northern Effingham, it is a well-preserved late 18th and early 19th-century rural village. It i ...

                                               

Lyme Common Historic District

The Lyme Common Historic District encompasses the original historic center of Lyme, New Hampshire. Established in 1781, it includes sixty historic buildings surrounding the town common and along surrounding roads, and is a well-preserved example ...

                                               

Nashua Manufacturing Company Historic District

The Nashua Manufacturing Company Historic District in Nashua, New Hampshire, is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. It encompasses an area just west of downtown Nashua, roughly located along th ...

                                               

Nashville Historic District (Nashua, New Hampshire)

The Nashville Historic District in Nashua, New Hampshire is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It encompasses an area just north of downtown Nashua, roughly centered on the junction of Concord ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →