ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 264




                                               

Snorscombe

Snorscombe is a ruined hamlet south of Everdon in Northamptonshire, England, whose rural location, now on private land, makes it extremely hard to access.

                                               

Spratton

Spratton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. The local government authority is Daventry District Council. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 1.099 people, increasing to 1.150 at the 201 ...

                                               

Staverton, Northamptonshire

Staverton is a village and civil parish in the south-west of Northamptonshire, England. It is 2.3 miles west of Daventry, 7.9 miles east of Southam and 15.3 miles east of Leamington Spa. It straddles the A425 road from Daventry to Leamington. The ...

                                               

Walgrave

Walgrave is a village and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire, England. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 822 people, increasing to 868 at the 2011 Census.

                                               

Watford, Northamptonshire

Watford is a village and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 224 people, including Murcott and increasing to 320 at the 2011 Census. Watfor ...

                                               

Weedon Bec

Weedon Bec, usually just Weedon, is a large village and parish in the district of Daventry, Northamptonshire, England. It lies close to the source of the River Nene. The population of the civil parish as of the 2011 census is 2.706.

                                               

Welford, Northamptonshire

Welford is a village and civil parish in England, on the River Avon border between Northamptonshire and Leicestershire. At the 2011 census, the population was 1.043.

                                               

Welton, Northamptonshire

Welton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. The village is located 2.6 miles north of the nearest town Daventry. It is 13 miles west-north west of Northampton, 9 miles south east of Rugby and 78 miles north-wes ...

                                               

West Haddon

West Haddon is a village in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire, England about 11 miles north-west of Northampton and 7 miles east of Rugby and just off the A428 road which by-passes the village. The population of civil parish ...

                                               

Whilton

Whilton is a village and a civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. The population at the 2011 Census was 271. The village is in the Daventry district. Whilton is 75 miles northwest of London, 9 3 ⁄ 4 miles west of Northampton and ...

                                               

Wolfhampcote

Wolfhampcote is an abandoned village and civil parish in the English counties of Warwickshire and Northamptonshire, which it straddles. The old village of Wolfhampcote is west of the A45 road near Braunston in Northamptonshire, and can be reached ...

                                               

Daventry District Council elections

                                               

Buildings and structures in Derby

                                               

Health in Derby

                                               

Biggin by Hulland

Biggin is a village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of Derbyshire, England, near Hulland and just off the A517 road. In the 2011 census, the parish had a population of 120. The village and parish are also known as Biggin by Hull ...

                                               

Doveridge

Doveridge is a village and civil parish in Derbyshire, United Kingdom, near the border with Staffordshire and about 2 km east of Uttoxeter. Its name may come from its having a bridge over the river Dove ridge), a tributary of the River Trent. The ...

                                               

Gratton, Derbyshire

                                               

Great Cubley

                                               

Hollington, Derbyshire

Hollington is a village and civil parish near the town of Uttoxeter and 5.5 miles from the city of Derby, in the English county of Derbyshire. In the most recent census Hollington had a population of 212. There are only a few buildings in Holling ...

                                               

Hulland

Hulland is a village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of Derbyshire, England, adjoining the A517 road. It had a population of 215 according to the 2011 census. In the 1870s Hulland was described as: "Hulland, a village and two to ...

                                               

Hungry Bentley

Hungry Bentley is a deserted medieval village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of Derbyshire, England, located between Uttoxeter and Derby. The site is a scheduled monument and has been called the best "depopulated settlement" in ...

                                               

Little Cubley

                                               

Marston Montgomery

Marston Montgomery is a small village and civil parish in western Derbyshire. The population of the civil parish as of the 2011 census was 448. It is located four miles from the town of Uttoxeter, Staffordshire. The Church of Saint Giles dates ba ...

                                               

Nether Biggin

                                               

Nether Padley

                                               

Norbury, Derbyshire

Norbury is a village in Derbyshire, England. It is located 3 miles north of Rocester, on the B5033 road and the River Dove. The hamlet has links with George Eliots family, the Evans. George Eliots father, Robert Evans, was born in Roston Common a ...

                                               

Padley

                                               

Roston

Roston is a hamlet in Derbyshire, England. It is located north of Rocester. The Roston Inn is at the junction of Mill Lane and Lid Lane in the hamlet. Roston is in the parish of Norbury with Roston. Roston Common is a short distance east from Ros ...

                                               

Snelston

Snelston is a village and civil parish three miles south-west of Ashbourne in Derbyshire, England. It includes Anacrehill. The population of the civil parish as of the 2011 census was 202. A tributary of the River Dove flows through its centre. T ...

                                               

Upper Padley

                                               

Wardlow Mires

                                               

Derbyshire Dales District Council elections

                                               

Doncaster Lakeside

Coordinates 53.5088°N 1.1071°W  / 53.5088; -1.1071 Doncaster Lakeside is a recreational area and shopping complex centred on a lake, around 3 km or 2 miles SE of Doncaster town centre, in the area of Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council. In re ...

                                               

Sport in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster

                                               

Environment of Dorset

                                               

Local government in Dorset

                                               

Sport in Dorset

                                               

Dover District

Dover is a local government district in Kent, England. The port town of Dover is its administrative centre. It was formed on 1 April 1974 by the merger of the boroughs of Deal, Dover, and Sandwich along with Dover Rural District and most of Eastr ...

                                               

Betteshanger

Betteshanger is a village near Deal in East Kent, England. It gave its name to the largest of the four chief collieries of the Kent coalfield. The population of the village is included in the civil parish of Northbourne.

                                               

Chillenden

Chillenden is a village in east Kent, England, between Canterbury and Deal, and is in the civil parish of Goodnestone. In the Domesday Book of 1086, Chillenden was recorded as Cilledene. The parish in 1800 was made up of 160 acres 65 ha, containi ...

                                               

Coldred

Coldred is a village in the Shepherdswell with Coldred civil parish in the Dover District of Kent, England. The village name derives from the charcoal burners who lived here before the Norman conquest of England. The Oxford Dictionary of Place Na ...

                                               

Denton with Wootton

Denton with Wootton is a civil parish in the Dover District of Kent, England. The parish contains the settlements of Denton and Wootton, 1 mile apart. Denton with Wootton is approximately 30 miles 48 km east-southeast from the county town of Maid ...

                                               

Goodnestone, Dover

Goodnestone is a village and civil parish in the Dover district of Kent, England. The village is situated approximately 7 miles east-southeast from the city of Canterbury, and 5 miles west-southwest from Sandwich. The civil parish also contains t ...

                                               

Great Mongeham

Great Mongeham is a village and civil parish in the Dover District of east Kent, England, on the outskirts of Deal. Its name is derived from Mundelingham or village of Mundel. Parts of Great Mongehams church, St Martins, date back to the 13th cen ...

                                               

Guston, Kent

Guston is a village and civil parish in the Dover district of Kent, in South East England. The village lies about a quarter of a mile north of the campus of the Duke of Yorks Royal Military School, near Martin Mill. In the 1950s the village was t ...

                                               

Hougham, Kent

                                               

Langdon, Kent

Langdon is a village and civil parish near Dover in Kent, England. It was the site of West Langdon Abbey which was dissolved in 1535. Langdon is also more commonly referred to as East Langdon.

                                               

Preston-next-Wingham

Preston or Preston-next-Wingham is a civil parish and village in valley of the Little Stour in the Dover District of Kent, England. The village is on the B2076 secondary road. The parish includes the hamlet of Elmstone. The main river through the ...

                                               

Ringwould with Kingsdown

Ringwould with Kingsdown is a coastal civil parish in the Dover District of Kent, England. The parish contains the villages of Ringwould and Kingsdown. Ringwould with Kingsdown is approximately 40 miles 64 km east from the county town of Maidston ...

                                               

River Dour

The River Dour is a chalk stream in the county of Kent, in Dover, England. It flows from the villages of Temple Ewell and River, through the village of Kearsney. It is roughly 4 miles long. It originally had a wide estuary on the site of modern D ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →