ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 249



                                               

Kings County Courthouse (California)

The Kings County Courthouse was erected after Kings County was formed; it opened in 1896. Constructed in an eclectic mix of styles in a park in the center of Hanford, it was expanded in 1914. The building served as the countys courthouse until 19 ...

                                               

Arena Cove Historic District

Arena Cove Historic District is located on the northern coast of California in the United States. The historic district comprises several buildings and structures and lies in a small cove on the Pacific Ocean just to the south of Point Arena in M ...

                                               

A.H. Beach House

The A. H. Beach House, also known as the Bergman House is an historic Queen Anne style mansion, considered late American Queen Anne style, located in San Diego County, in the city of Escondido, California. The house was listed on the National Reg ...

                                               

Maj. George Beecher Cook House

The Maj. George Beecher Cook House is a historic house located at 356 W. 21st St. in Merced, California. Built circa 1887, the house was designed in the Queen Anne style; it is considered one of the best examples of the style in Merced. The house ...

                                               

William T. Hendrick House

The William T. Hendricks House, at 218 Center Ave in Pacheco, California, is a one-story house upon a raised basement, built in 1857. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. In 1857 William Hendrick purchased a tract of ...

                                               

Kaehler–Rector House

The Kaehler–Rector House is a historic house located at 408 W. 25th St. in Merced, California. Built in the early 1890s, the house was designed by architect Louis Wegner in the Queen Anne style. The houses design includes a corner tower with a co ...

                                               

Thomas H. Leggett House

The Thomas H. Leggett House is a historic house located at 346 W. 21st St. in Merced, California. Built circa 1890, the house is designed in the Queen Anne style and also features elements of the Stick and Eastlake style. The front and west sides ...

                                               

Porter–Vallejo Mansion

The Porter–Vallejo Mansion, located at 29 Bishop St. in Pajaro, California, is a historic Queen Anne style house that was designed by architect William Henry Weeks. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is significant both ...

                                               

Rectory, Catholic Church of the Assumption

Rectory, Catholic Church of the Assumption is a historic rectory at 563 Ocean Avenue in Ferndale, California which was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

                                               

Thomas House (Escondido, California)

                                               

Villa Montezuma

Villa Montezuma is a Queen Anne style mansion in San Diego, Californias Sherman Heights neighborhood that was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. It was built in 1887 for Jesse Shepard, who lived there for about a year befo ...

                                               

First National Bank of Long Beach

The First National Bank building in Long Beach, California is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The original bank building had three stories, which were surpassed in 1906 with the current building, designed by Los Angeles archit ...

                                               

Westlake, Daly City, California

The Westlake District of Daly City, California, is one of the first post-World War II white-only suburbs in the United States. Located just south of San Francisco, Westlake has frequently been compared to Levittown, New York, the first major larg ...

                                               

Steedman Estate

                                               

William Shipsey House

The William Shipsey House, located at 1266 Mill St. in San Luis Obispo, California, is a historic house that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by architect Hilamon Spencer Laird and includes Queen Anne and Sti ...

                                               

San Francisco Maritime Museum

                                               

George R. Kress House

The George R. Kress House is a Tudor Revival-style home in a canyons area of Los Angeles, California that was built in 1931. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. Located in Benedict Canyon, it is a 98 feet 30 m by 27 ...

                                               

Normandy Village, Berkeley, California

Normandy Village is an apartment building located in Berkeley, in Alameda County, California. It lies at an elevation of 259 feet. It is noted for its storybook/Tudor Revival architecture.

                                               

Knight-Wood House

The Knight-Wood Home is a home located at 1800 West Littleton Blvd in Littleton, Colorado. It is a one and half story house built in 1925. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. It was deemed notable as a fine example ...

                                               

Frederick C. Eberley

Frederick Carl Eberley was a prominent architect in Denver, Colorado. His work included the Barth Hotel. He is also credited with Koppers Hotel and Saloon, also known as the Airedale Building, added to the National Register of Historic Places in ...

                                               

Sim Hudson Motor Company Building

The Sim Hudson Motor Company Building is a historic commercial building located at 1332 Senter Avenue in Burlington, Colorado.

                                               

Wrights Opera House

Wrights Opera House, sometimes referred to as Wrights Hall, was constructed in 1888 and is located at 472 Main Street in Ouray, Colorado. For many years after the mining bust and subsequent end of performances it was used as a multi-use building ...

                                               

Log buildings and structures on the National Register of Historic Places in Colorado

                                               

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and Medina Cemetery

The Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and Medina Cemetery in Las Animas County, Colorado, at Medina Plaza, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2019. The church dates from 1866 or 1867 and may be known more commonly as Nuestra Señ ...

                                               

St. Patrick Mission Church

The St. Patrick Mission Church in Denver, Colorado, known also as St. Patricks, is a historic church at 3325 Pecos Street. It was built in 1907 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. The parish was established in 1881.

                                               

Durango High School

Durango High School, also known as the Durango 9-R Administration Building, is a former school in Durango, Colorado. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties. The building ope ...

                                               

Koppers Hotel and Saloon

Koppers Hotel and Saloon, also known as the Airedale Building, is a National Register of Historic Places listed building in Denver, Colorado. It was designed by Frederick C. Eberley. The Hotel and Saloon was constructed in 1889. The building was ...

                                               

Evergreen Cemetery (Colorado Springs, Colorado)

Evergreen Cemetery is the city-maintained cemetery for Colorado Springs, Colorado, on the National Register of Historic Places in El Paso County, Colorado. When Colorado Springs was founded in 1871 there were already two cemeteries serving El Pas ...

                                               

Paonia First Christian Church

The Paonia First Christian Church, at 235 Box Elder Ave. in Paonia, Colorado, was built in. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2011. It has also been known as Paonia Christian Fellowship. A local history website describe ...

                                               

E.W. Corbin House

The E.W. Corbin House, at 303 E. 5th St. in Salida, Colorado, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. It is a one-and-a-half-story painted brick house, Second Empire in style.

                                               

Little Estate

The Little Estate is a mansion home located at 1 Littleridge Ln. in Cherry Hills Village, Colorado. It was built in 1941 in Tudor Revival style. The property has a pool, mature trees, and landscaping. The house is a two-story gabled brick buildin ...

                                               

Maitland Estate

The Maitland Estate is a historic home located at 9 Sunset Drive. in Cherry Hills Village, Colorado. Designed by Denver architects Merrill H. Hoyt & Burnham F. Hoyt and built in 1925 in a Tudor Revival style. The estate was the home of Denver bus ...

                                               

Elizabeth R. Hooker House

The Elizabeth R. Hooker House is a historic house at 123 Edgehill Road in New Haven, Connecticut. It is a 1-1/2 story brick English-style Arts and Crafts suburban villa designed by Delano and Aldrich and built in 1914 for Elizabeth R. Hooker. Hoo ...

                                               

Prospect Avenue Historic District

The Prospect Avenue Historic District encompasses a predominantly residential area in western Hartford and eastern West Hartford, Connecticut. The 300-acre historic district extends along Prospect Avenue from Albany Avenue to Fern Street, includi ...

                                               

Rufus W. Bunnell

                                               

Edward R. Lambert

                                               

Colony Street-West Main Street Historic District

The Colony Street-West Main Street Historic District encompasses a major section of the historic downtown area of Meriden, Connecticut. Extending north and west from the junction of Colony and West Main Streets, this area was developed commercial ...

                                               

Main Street Historic District (Bristol, Connecticut)

The Main Street Historic District of Bristol, Connecticut encompasses much of the citys central business district, an area built up in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The districts 19 historic buildings are located along adjoining stretch ...

                                               

Aspetuck, Connecticut

Aspetuck is a village, which in Connecticut is an unincorporated community on the Aspetuck River, in Fairfield County, Connecticut, mostly in the town of Easton but extending also into Weston. It is significant for being the location of the Aspec ...

                                               

Boce W. Barlow Jr. House

The Boce W. Barlow Jr. House is a historic house at 31 Canterbury Street in Hartford, Connecticut. An architecturally undistinguished two-story built in 1926, it was from 1958 home to Boce W. Barlow Jr., the first African-American to win election ...

                                               

Beaver Hills Historic District

The Beaver Hills Historic District is a 97-acre historic district in the Beaver Hills neighborhood of New Haven, Connecticut. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. In 1986, it included 235 contributing buildings. Acco ...

                                               

Bigelow-Hartford Carpet Mills Historic District

The Bigelow-Hartford Carpet Mills Historic District encompasses a company-built factory and residential area in the Thompsonville area of Enfield, Connecticut. In addition to the former factory buildings of the Bigelow-Hartford Carpet Mills, it i ...

                                               

Bradley Edge Tool Company Historic District

The Bradley Edge Tool Company Historic District is a 30-acre linear historic district along Lyons Plain Road in Weston, Connecticut. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. It then included 30 contributing buildings, in ...

                                               

Broad Street – Davis Park Historic District

Broad Street – Davis Park Historic District is a historic district in the borough of Danielson, in the town of Killingly, Connecticut. The district is mainly residential in character, and includes Davis Park, a 1.9-acre triangular park created in ...

                                               

Burlington–Harmony Hill Roads Historic District

The Burlington–Harmony Hill Roads Historic District encompasses a historic rural agricultural crossroads village in eastern Harwinton, Connecticut. Stretching mainly along Harmony Hill Road north of its junction with Burlington Road, it includes ...

                                               

Church Farm

The Church Farm is a historic former farm at 396 Mansfield Road in Ashford, Connecticut. Built in 1821, the main house is a remarkably sophisticated example of Federal period architecture in a rural setting. The property was listed on the Nationa ...

                                               

Civic Institutions Historic District

The Civic Institutions Historic District in New London, Connecticut is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. It includes six contributing buildings over a 7 acres area. The district includes prop ...

                                               

Compo–Owenoke Historic District

The Compo–Owenoke Historic District is a 154-acre historic district in Westport, Connecticut that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. It was described as being "architecturally significant as an exceptionally well-pres ...

                                               

Danielson Main Street Historic District

The Danielson Main Street Historic District encompasses the historic late 19th-century commercial business district of the borough of Danielson in the town of Killingly, Connecticut. It extends along Main Street, between the Five Mile River and S ...

                                               

Downtown Main Street Historic District (East Hartford, Connecticut)

The Downtown Main Street Historic District encompasses a well-preserved historical section of downtown East Hartford, Connecticut. It extends along Main Street from between Burnside Avenue and Governor Street, and along Chapman Street to Chapman ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →